We are seeking technically skilled Database Administrators who are capable of holding positions of great responsibility. Being both an administrative and technical role, the Database Administrator should display both sound technical skills and administrative aptitude. You should have extensive knowledge of the databases under your administration, be the first respondent to database problems that arise and carry out periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
In addition, Database Administrators are analytic problem-solvers and communicators who are fluent in most data manipulation languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL, Oracle Database, Hadoop or PostgreSQL.
- Analytic mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Maintaining an awareness of trends and developments in database administration.
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Regularly liaising with IT project managers and database programmers.
- Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.